Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Ignorance for injuries???

I'm sick and tired of hearing people saying....'I have knee pain for 3 months, that's why I don't train my legs' or 'I have a terrible back pain for a while, I tried going to a physical therapist and did not see any difference' or 'I have pains and needles travelling down my leg or arm for 2 months, but did not have time to visit the doctor'.

I come across these incidences almost everyday. Ignoring your own injuries is not the way you go. Have an untreated injury for quite some time will cost you major health problem in the future.

If you have any kind of injury or pain, the best thing is to do is to seek medical advice. Unfortunately, I know that only few professionals related to injuries know what they are doing here in Cyprus. In my opinion you shouldn't visit the doctor that everyone else goes. Find out more about the individual that is going to treat you. Is he or her are qualified from a well-establish institute, do they know how to diagnose you injury, can they pinpoint exactly where your pain is coming from, do they explain you everything they are doing, do you feel more comfortable along the treatment...these are the questions that you should ask yourself.

If you are in pain or have an injury that is acute or chronic, I'm happy to recommend you some reliable sources out there today that I personally use.

ACT TODAY AND DO NOT POSTPONE SOMETHING FOR THE FUTURE.....I'm out

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dayuumm...son!!!